#WeArePR Night is an event organized by the School of Journalism and Communication - Public Relations Department, the University of Oregon Public Relations Student Society of America (UO PRSSA), and Allen Hall Public Relations (AHPR). The event takes place winter term with the purpose of informing current and prospective PR students about the sequence and extracurricular activities they can become involved with.
The event mirrored a trade show style where we had 13 student groups talk about their organization and had students present their work for each class in the PR sequence. The event was successful as students got to talk to faculty, meet student groups and get first-hand information from students about what to expect from each class in the sequence.
The event attracted over 175 attendees, growing attendance by 250 percent.
- SOJC PR, AHPR, UO PRSSA social media promotion
- Canvas announcement
- Class announcements
- Allen Hall Display Screens
- Shared on 12 public Twitter pages
- Gaining 25 retweets from public pages
- Gaining 26 retweets total including public pages and personal Twitter accounts
- Collecting 87 likes total from pages
- Collecting 132 likes in total including public pages and personal Twitter accounts
- Shared on 6 Instagram public pages
- Collecting 617 likes total including public pages and personal Instagram accounts
- 2.8 K Impressions/reached
- 377 Viewed
- 108 Engaged